Monday, November 9, 2009

What Drew Says

Had to laugh tonight cause Drew was at the table and out of blue he started saying "Humpy Dumpy." And while I tried to correct him, he just couldn't get the "t's" in there. It's just wrong on a few levels...but all I could do was laugh.

And of course there was last night when he uttered, "I don't like macaroni & cheese, feed me green beans." Well, when a kid demands his green beans I guess you just HAVE to give in.

And have I mentioned that Drew likes to "make" guns and "shoot" them? By making guns, I mean that he will put 2 pieces of train track together and call it a gun, or pick up a stick and call it a gun, or even just use his hand in the gun shape. Needless to say, when he did this at school, and "shot" at a teacher, he got in trouble. (An "office" time out mind you.) So now he is well aware that shooting is not allowed...which is why whenever he "makes" a gun, it's now a squirter. And no, neither Patrick nor I told him this, he came up with the water gun loophole all on his own. I don't know whether to be proud of his ingenuity or shake my head because I am in for some crazy years ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment